Monday, December 10, 2012

'Tis the Season...

for not knowing what the heck I'm going to buy for everyone!! I seriously I'm even at a loss as to what I should get for my 7 year old daughter! Honestly, who can't think of gifts to get a seven year old?! Well...this mom. I have a few ideas, but some these ideas require way more cash than I really have to spend this year. And then when I do finally come up with some really good ideas within my budget, other Christmas expenses pop up. Like Christmas cards, or new Christmas lights, food and ingredients for Christmas dinner and goodies, and so on. Seriously, why does Christmas have to be so darn expensive? But I digress...what am I going to get for my kids and husband?

So I have my husband who will literally just go out and buy whatever he decides he wants whenever he decides he wants it. And yes that means at Christmas time or his birthday. Its awful when it comes time to shop for him. Luckily I think I have found something relatively cheap enough to fit my budget but that doesn't suck. And mind you, my husband is really bad about selling the stuff I buy him (he does at least wait a few months, but still...) But I'm pretty sure he'll like what I'm getting this year.

 Luckily its slightly easier for my girls to get a gift for the General this year. I decided that rather than buying everyone "toys" all the kids are buying books for the rest of the family. And my oldest, S, was able to find books for A and I and the General at the Dollar Tree and ended up only spending $3 !! Great deal if I do say so myself!

As for gifts for all three girls I am trying to follow this rubric...
Three gifts each from Mom and Dad (represents the gifts from the 3 wise men) and four smaller gifts from Santa- 
Something to play with 
Something to wear 
Something to read 
and Something to share. 

I will be consulting my Gifts Board for many of my Santa gifts as well as for teacher gifts. Does this Christmas season have you pinspiring to get your shopping done?




No comments:

Post a Comment