Foam Pool Noodles
Low Temp Hot Glue and Gun
Googly Eyes (optional) - I did not use these however you can if you'd like
Rubber bands (optional)
1. Cut ribbon in 2 1/2 to 3 foot length. (enough to make a "halter" and "reins")
2. Fold Noodle down to form the horse "head"
3. Secure fold with either a rubber band or ribbon
*Note- the ribbon will be used to cover up the rubber band if you choose to use it. The rubber band simply makes it easier to hold the noodle in the right position, while you tie the ribbon/string*
4. Tie Ribbon tightly around the folded noodle and tie in a double knot on the horse's back. Be sure to leave some extra for the reins. (I hot glued the ends together so it was large loop)
5. Cut two 1 inch strips from each side of the felt.
6. Discard one of the inch strips.
7. Cut points on the ends of the remaining strip
8. Fold the larger piece of felt in half and cut a wave or zig zag pattern along the edge.
8. Tuck one inch strip into the fold of the noodle and pull each side up tightly.
9. Hot glue the "ears" in an upright position
10. Place your fairy wings into the position you would like them on your horse. The wings I used (from the dollar store!) had elastic straps that I used to tie them on into position. You can also hot glue them if you need to. Cut any extra elastic that's hanging.
11. Place your remaining piece of felt (the one you cut in a wave pattern) on top of the horse's back. Cover the knot from the reins (but keep the reins loose!) and use the felt to hold the top portion of the wings in place. Hot glue it into place.
12. Add eyes. You can glue Googly eyes or you can use a sharpie to draw the eyes on. Miss I was my official eye drawer for these horses.
*Optional Step: Spray fairy wings with hair spray to keep glitter (if there is any) from falling off.*
Ta-dah!! You have just made yourself your very own Flying Derby pony!!